Parsnip-Sweet Potato Latkes
- 2 large
- parsnips, peeled
- 2 medium
- sweet potatoes, peeled
- shallotsm peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp
- egg whites
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 c
- vegetable oil, for frying
- sour cream, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Parsnip-Sweet Potato Latkes
- 1Using a food processor or box grater, grate parsnips and sweet potatoes.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine parsnips, sweet potatoes, shallots, salt, egg whites, flour and thyme.
- 3Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 4Working in batches, spoon 1/4 cup batter at a time on to the skillet and press down with a fork to flatten. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side, until crisp and browned. Drain on paper towels and keep warm for up to one hour in a 200F oven.
- 5Serve with sour cream, if desired.