- 1/2 c
- olive oil, extra virgin (divided)
- 1 medium
- red onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges (divided)
- 6 Tbsp
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (leave stems on)
- 1/4 c
- walnuts, chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, peeled and chopped
- lemon, tested and juiced
- 2 tsp
- coarse sea salt (divided)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp
- 5 lb
- small red-skinned potatoes (do not peel)
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, softened
How to Make Parsley and Walnut Pesto Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1To make pesto:
In a large nonstick pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Add half the red onions and reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Do not let them burn. Transfer onions to a blender container; leave as much oil in pan as possible.
- 2Add the parsley, walnuts, garlic, 1/4 cup oil, lemon zest and lemon juice to cooked onions. Season with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper. Pulse blender until desired consistency is reached. This with a bit of water, if needed.
- 3Transfer to a mixing bowl and add ricotta; stir until mixed in.
- 4For potatoes:
Cut potatoes into 3-inch pieces. Place them in a large pot. Fill the pot with cold water until the potatoes are barely covered. Bring to a boil over high heat, add 1 teaspoon salt, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook 20 minutes. The potatoes should be fork tender, but firm.
- 5Drain potatoes thoroughly and let them cool a bit. Once they are cool enough to handle and dried, toss them in the pesto to coat.
- 6Preheat oven to 425F. Place potatoes and remaining red onion wedges into a greased baking dish. Drizzle with remains olive oil and season with remaining salt. Roaster 30-35 minutes.
- 7Serve warm.