Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Inspried by "Gimme Some Oven" blog and our own JAP member and friend Bonnie Dare and her wonderful "Best Oven Baked Fries". I can never get enough of Bonnie's fries!
2 mediumsweet potatoes, washed and dried
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 Tbspparmesan cheese, grated
1 tspsmoked paprika (more if you like)
1 tspcoarse salt
1/8 tspground black pepper
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
1/2 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4″ thin strips, or to desired thickness. NOTE: you can peel or not peel the potatoes. Soak potatoes in ice water for 30 minutes. Drain and blot dry with paper towels.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a ziploc bag. Add potatoes to bag; drizzle oil over potatoes. Seal bag and shake to coat potatoes with seasoning.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Don't overcrowd the sheet, or have multiple layers of fries.
- Place in oven and bake 20-25 minutes. (May take more or less time, depending on the size of the fries.) Remove once the edges slightly begin to brown and fries begin to crisp.