Oven-Baked Potatoes with Bacon
8 sliceraw thick bacon, chopped
1 Tbspchopped fresh sage (optional)
2 1/2 cchicken broth (or vegetable broth)
·ground black pepper, to taste
·chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
How to Make Oven-Baked Potatoes with Bacon
- Preheat oven to 375F. Heat the oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to brown.
- Slice onions and potatoes thinly (peel potatoes, if desired). Wash and slice leek, white part and some of the light green part.
- Add onion slices to bacon and cook 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions have softened and turn golden brown.
- Add potatoes and leeks and stir well. Pour in broth. Season with pepper.
Bring to a boil, cover, and put pot into oven and bake 30-40 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove cover, raise oven temperature to 425F and cook another 15-20 minutes, until top is crisp and golden brown. Garnish with parsley serve.