New Potato and Green Bean Salad
1/4 cbalsamic vinegar
2 Tbspdijon mustard
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 dash(es)worcestershire sauce
1/2 cextra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 lbsmall red skinned potatoes
3/4 lbharicot verts or other green beans - stems trimmed
1 smallred onion - coarsely chopped
1/4 cchopped fresh basil
1/4 cpine nuts (optional)
How to Make New Potato and Green Bean Salad
- FOR THE DRESSING: Whisk first 5 ingredietns in a medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature and re-whisk before using
- FOR THE SALAD: Steam potatoes until tender; Cool and cut into quarters.
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling water (salted) until crisp-tender (about 5 minutes); Drain and cut in half.
- Combine green beans, potatoes, onion and basil in a large bowl. (Optionally add pine nuts)
- Add dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Can be prepared 4 hours ahead, covered and let stand at room temperature.