Most Requested Potato Salad
This recipe is savory, without the sweetness of pickle relish or sugar. We love it.
Sometimes I substitute sliced green olives for the dill pickles.
- 2 lb
- red or yukon potatoes
- 1/2 c
- diced onion
- 1/2 to 1 c
- dukes mayonnaise, regular or light
- 1/2 c
- (or more) cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 c
- chopped dill pickles
- 1 or 2
- boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 dash(es)
- of paprika
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Most Requested Potato Salad
- 1Peel potatoes if desired, or just scrub them clean. Cut into 1/2" dice. Cover with cold water, cover pan, and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 10-15 minutes until fork-soft. (You don't want them mushy.) Add diced onions to potatoes during last 2-3 minutes of cooking. When done, drain immediately and cover with ice water for 5 minutes.
- 2Combine potatoes, onions, and mayonnaise gently until well blended. Fold in bacon, pickles, and eggs if desired. Adjust the amount of mayonnaise to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Pile mixture in a pretty serving dish and sprinkle the top with a little paprika for color. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.