mom's Christmas Eve Potato Salad
We all looked forward to the potato salad becauce it had been months since we had it, and it went so well with the buffet
I simply cannot stand potato salad with mustard (southern style) or made with miracle whip. Guess it's what you grew up with.
4 largerusset potatoes
5 largeeggs, hard boiled, divided
1/3 ccelery, diced
10 largepimento stuffed green olives
4 mediumscallions, chopped, green parts too
1 cmayonnaise, or to your taste
3 mediumradishes, diced
1/2 tspeach salt and pepper. or to taste
1 to 2 Tbspdill pickle juice
How to Make mom's Christmas Eve Potato Salad
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- In a sauce pan cook potatoes and eggs together just until the potatoes are fork tender, not mushey.
- When cooked, drain well, cover, and refridgerate until cooled. I usually put a few paper towels in the bottom of the bowl first to absorb the water.
- When cooled, dice onions, celery,4 of the eggs, radishes, slice olives and add to potatoes.
- Add mayonnaise and seasonings.Mix well.
- Garnish with paprika, and egg wedges.