mom's Christmas Eve Potato Salad
We all looked forward to the potato salad becauce it had been months since we had it, and it went so well with the buffet
I simply cannot stand potato salad with mustard (southern style) or made with miracle whip. Guess it's what you grew up with.
- 4 large
- russet potatoes
- 5 large
- eggs, hard boiled, divided
- 1/3 c
- celery, diced
- 10 large
- pimento stuffed green olives
- 4 medium
- scallions, chopped, green parts too
- 1 c
- mayonnaise, or to your taste
- 3 medium
- radishes, diced
- 1/2 tsp
- each salt and pepper. or to taste
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- dill pickle juice
How to Make mom's Christmas Eve Potato Salad
- 1Peel and dice potatoes.
- 2In a sauce pan cook potatoes and eggs together just until the potatoes are fork tender, not mushey.
- 3When cooked, drain well, cover, and refridgerate until cooled. I usually put a few paper towels in the bottom of the bowl first to absorb the water.
- 4When cooled, dice onions, celery,4 of the eggs, radishes, slice olives and add to potatoes.
- 5Add mayonnaise and seasonings.Mix well.
- 6Garnish with paprika, and egg wedges.