Mom’s Tangy Potato Salad
This salad is a tangy version of the standard potato salad recipe, without adding extra sugar. DO NOT substitute mayo for the Miracle Whip as this is where part of the tang comes from!
- 4 - 5
- medium baking potatoes
- sweet pickles (4" length)
- medium onion
- 1 - 2
- ribs celery
- 1/2 - 1
- hard boiled eggs, shelled
- 1/2 - 3/4 c
- miracle whip (do not sub with mayo!)
- To taste
How to Make Mom’s Tangy Potato Salad
- 1Leaving skins on, chop potatoes into large chunks (4 - 6 per potato). Put into large pot and add water to cover. Boil until cooked, but not soft. Drain when done and allow to cool (put in cold water if in a hurry). <This step can be done the day before.>
NOTE: If you're not trying to be salt conscious, feel free to salt the water as it improves the taste of the potatoes.
- 2While potatoes are cooking & cooling, chop sweet pickles, onion, celery, and egg; grate carrot. Combine all in large bowl.
- 3When cool enough to handle, pull skins from potatoes, then chop into marble-sized bits and add to salad mixture.
- 4Mix gently, adding Miracle Whip to desired consistency. Add salt and adjust to taste. Cover and chill until completely cold. Flavors improve after 24 hours.