Microwaved Squash, Potatoes & Onions
This isn't really a recipe but directions on how I make this myself. We grow yellow summer squash and zucchini every year so I had to get a little creative.
I also love just potatoes and onions fixed this way or only squash and potatoes sometimes.
- fresh yellow summer squash, sliced
- zucchini, sliced (optional)
- potatoes, sliced
- onions, chopped (or onion powder)
- carrots, shredded (optional)
- salt & black pepper
- garlic powder
- olive oil (your choice) &/or butter
How to Make Microwaved Squash, Potatoes & Onions
- 1Wash veggies really well and slice in thin rounds the same thickness as much as possible. But then again you can simply cube the veggies. I do it both ways. (I always chop my onions because that's the way we prefer them. We also like our carrots shredded in this dish when I decide to use them).
- 2Put in a microwavable bowl. Sprinkle on your seasonings of choice then drizzle olive oil over veggies. You decide the amount. It's not necessary to add any water. If you don't use olive oil you may put pats of butter on top of veggies. You may even put one pat of butter in with the olive oil.
- 3Cover and microwave to the tenderness you desire.