Mediterranean Potato Salad
I like to make it several hours ahead of time or even the day before.
I found the original recipe in a Meals in Minutes Cookbook. (Made a change or two, of course)
1 lbthin green beans, trimmed
1 1/2 lbsmall red potatoes, quartered
1 can(s)chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 smallsweet onion, diced small
12green olives or so, coarse chopped
1 Tbspcapers, rinsed and rough chopped
1/4-1/2 cflat-leaf parsley, chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbspdijon mustard
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Mediterranean Potato Salad
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Put the green beans in the boiling water and cook until bright green and tender-crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beans to a bowl of ice water (Don't discard the cooking water). Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Next, place the potatoes in the boiling water that you cooked the beans in and cook until just tender, about 7-10 minutes. Check after 7 minutes, don't overcook. Drain. Add to green beans.
- Add chickpeas, onion, parsley, olives and capers to the beans and potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, salt (about 1 teaspoon) and fresh ground pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon). Whisk in oil. Pour about half of the dressing over the salad and toss until well coated. Check seasoning. Let stand at least an hour, add more dressing if needed. (Better yet make several hours ahead of time and allow to set in the refrigerator. Take out about an hour before serving.)