Mashed Sweet Potato Casserole
This dish can be prepared thru step 2 up to one month ahead of time and frozen; or up to four days ahead and refrigerated. Thaw if frozen, spoon into baking dish,sprinkle with cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven 40 minutes or until hot.
- 5 lb
- sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, cut in small pieces
- 3/4 c
- apple cider or juice
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 c
- part-skim gruyere cheese, shredded
- chopped parsely
How to Make Mashed Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake potatoes in a jelly roll-pan 1 to 1-1/4 hours, until soft when pierced. When cool enough to handle; remove skin.
- 2With either potato masher, electric mixer or large wisk, mash or beat potatoes, butter, cider, salt and pepper til smooth.
- 3Spoon into a shallow 2 to 2-1/2 quarts baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- 4Bake 30 minutes or until hot and cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley.