Mashed Potato's -Deep Fried on a Stick/or not
2 cvery cold mashed potatoes i put them through a ricer
1/2 ccorn starch
1 Tbspminced parsley
1 Tbspshredded fine parmesan cheese
1 tspminced onion
1/2 tspsea salt
1 pinchwhite pepper
1/4 cminced cooked bacon bits
1 cfine dry bread crumbs, seasoned or not
·peanut oil or coconut oil for frying - enough to cover balls when deep frying
·thin sticks or skewers, optional
How to Make Mashed Potato's -Deep Fried on a Stick/or not
- Throughly mash potatoes in a bowl or rice them into a bowl.
In another bowl whip together 1 egg, parsley, cheese, onion, salt and pepper and bacon.
Add to potato mixture and whip until well combined.
Place mixture in freezer for about 20 minutes do not freeze - just till very cold- makes frying crispy.
- In 3 separate shallow pans place...
Pan 1- 2 beaten eggs
Pan 2- the cornstarch
Pan 3- the bread crumbs
- If potato mixture is very cold begin forming into tight walnut sized balls- dip each in the egg, then cornstarch-shake off excess- then back into egg and then into the bread crumbs shake off excess.
Place on plate and chill in freezer 15 minutes or so. Do not freeze just very cold while oil is heating up to 350^ in deep heavy pan or deep fryer.
- This makes about 15 balls. I usually make double batch.
String 3 balls on thin sticks or skewers carefully or fry single.Lower into hot oil on a slotted spoon. Keep your eye on these- when they are done they will float to the top- but if you see that they are sticking -give them a gently nudge- do not over crowd them in the fryer. Cook until lightly browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper towels. Best eaten warm but good cold too.
Serve with ranch dressing or honey mustard.