Mashed Potatoes with a Twist
- russet potatoes
- red potatoes, small
- yukon gold potatoes
- sweet potato
- 1 stick
- butter, salted
- 1 1/2 c
- almond milk, plain and unsweetened
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Mashed Potatoes with a Twist
- 1Wash and peel potatoes; cut potatoes into quarters. Boil water in a large pot; add a few pinches salt to water.
- 2Add potatoes to boiling water until soft (about 20-25 minutes).
- 3Once potatoes are soft (should be able to easily slide with the side of a fork) remove from heat and drain. Return potatoes to pot. Slightly mash with a potato masher or large wooden spoon.
- 4Add butter, milk, and garlic. Mix well; if too lumpy use masher. If creamier potatoes are desired, add more milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.