Make ahead Baked mashed potatoes
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 2 lb
- potatoes,peeled and quartered ( i fill up a collender full )
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (and pepper to taste)
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 c
- cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley, dried
- panko bread crumbs (or crackers or bread crumbs) to top
How to Make Make ahead Baked mashed potatoes
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Place potatoes in large pot of boiling water and cook until tender.
- 2While potatoes are boiling, saute onion and garlic in butter till transparent.
When potatoes are tender, drain the potatoes and add the sauteed onion and garlic and the rest of the ingredients (except for the bread crumbs)
A mix master makes this an easy job. If you dont have one, a hand blender would work just as good.
Mix it all until creamy.
- 3Place mixture in a 2 quart baking dish.
At this point, you can cover and put it in the refrigerator for up to a day before baking. (adding the bread crumbs right before baking)
Or, you can top with Panko bread crumbs (or whatever topping you wish) and bake right away.
Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes,until top is browned and golden. Let sit for a few minutes and dig in!
- 4I love the fact that you can make these ahead of time and bake them when you are ready. One less thing to have to do at the last minute. And, they are full of flavor! I usually do these without waiting, as it is easy and delicious.