Loaded Potato Skillet
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- large russet potatoes
- 1 c
- shredded cheese
- 1/4 c
- chopped bacon (i bake bacon in the oven and then chop it but you can use the commercial one also!)
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil (i prefer and use olive oil)
- chopped parsley (optional)
How to Make Loaded Potato Skillet
- 1Preheat oven to 425F
- 2Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, slice potatoes into thin chips. Pat slices dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl toss potatoes with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Lay out in a single layer on a cookie sheet (may need 2 cookie sheets).
- 3Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Checking on them close to 10 minutes, don't let them burn.
Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- 4In two single serve cast-iron skillets, (or 1 large one), begin with one layer of baked potato chips. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits. Add another layer of chips. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits.
- 5Add another layer of chips and sprinkle with the last layer of cheese and bacon bits. Place the cast-iron skillets into the 450F oven for about 5-6 minutes or until the cheese melts. Remove from oven. Careful, skillets will be very, very hot.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley.