JEWEL'S SOUTHERN BAKED SWEET POTATOES
How to Make JEWEL'S SOUTHERN BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- Clean 8 medium sized baking sweet potatoes, not getting any more water on them than you can help. Usually they have been prewashed so cleaning with a paper towel should be enough. If wetting is require permit them to dry completely before going to step 2
- Trim ragged ends as necessary. Line a 13x9x2 baking pan with foil and sit near you on counter top. Put prepared potatoes in bowl near you on counter top.
PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 Degrees
- Have a small bowl of cooled bacon drippings near potatoes and lined baking pan. Take a paper towel and dip it into bacon drippings. Rub dripping on potatoes coating each one well. Place potatoes in foil lined baking pan.
- When oven has pre heated to 425 degrees, place pan of coated potatoes in oven and set timmer for one hour.
- WHEN TIMER ALERT GOES OFF AFTER ONE HOUR TURN OVEN OFF BUT DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR. LET POTATOES REMAIN IN OVEN AT LEAST ONE MORE HOUR. THIS IMPROVES THE TASTE.
- Serve with brown sugar, unsalted butter, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Top with some chopped, toasted pecans if desired.