Irish Colcannon for Halloween
1 lbcabbage or kale, cooked
1 lbpotatoes, cubed and boiled until tender
2 mediumleeks or green onions, cleaned well and chopped
1 cwhole milk
1/2 creal butter, melted
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Irish Colcannon for Halloween
- Boil Kale or Cabbage in lightly salted water until tender. Chop.
- Bring Milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Add leeks and cook until soft.
- Drain Potatoes, add Salt and Pepper to taste. Beat until fluffy.
- Return Potatoes to pot over a low flame.
- Add Milk with Leeks to Potatoes.
- Beat in cooked Kale or Cabbage until green and fluffy.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Make a well in the middle of each portion and evenly distribute melted butter into each well.
- Dip each bite of colcannon in the butter before eating. Enjoy.