Irish Colcannon for Halloween
- 1 lb
- cabbage or kale, cooked
- 1 lb
- potatoes, cubed and boiled until tender
- 2 medium
- leeks or green onions, cleaned well and chopped
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 1/2 c
- real butter, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Irish Colcannon for Halloween
- 1Boil Kale or Cabbage in lightly salted water until tender. Chop.
- 2Bring Milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Add leeks and cook until soft.
- 3Drain Potatoes, add Salt and Pepper to taste. Beat until fluffy.
- 4Return Potatoes to pot over a low flame.
- 5Add Milk with Leeks to Potatoes.
- 6Beat in cooked Kale or Cabbage until green and fluffy.
- 7Remove from heat and serve hot. Make a well in the middle of each portion and evenly distribute melted butter into each well.
- 8Dip each bite of colcannon in the butter before eating. Enjoy.