Recipe & photo: irishfood.about.com
- 1 1/2 lb
- potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 c
- scallions or green onions
- 1/2 stick
- 1/3 c
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make IRISH CHAMP
- 1Simmer the potatoes in salted water until cooked.
- 2Finely chop the white part of the scallion/green onion and roughly chop the green part. Set aside.
- 3Drain the potatoes and add the butter and milk and mash the potatoes till smooth and creamy.
- 4Add the finely chopped white part of the onion and mix well.
- 5Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the green part of the onion sprinkled on top.