Hash brown Potatoes Deluxe veggie cheddar
4medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
1/4 cgreen peppers, chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
·any veges you desire!
·cheddar cheese, shredded
·vegetable oil to fry.
How to Make Hash brown Potatoes Deluxe veggie cheddar
- Shred the potatoes into a large bowl of cold water. When all potatoes are shredded, keep rinsing the potatoes with clean water until the water runs clear. This will take at least 3-4 rinses or more.
- Drain the shredded potatoes well, and squeeze out as much water as you can. Pat them with paper toweling to get them dry.
- Beat eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add flour and mix well. Add your vegetables ( we like onion and green peppers)
Add the shredded patted dry potatoes and combine well.
- In a large frying pan, add vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Heat the oil up until it is hot over a medium flame. I dump the entire contents of the potato mixture in the pan and distribute them evenly.
Do not disturb the potatoes for at least 10 minutes. After about 10 minutes, lift a section to check for browning. We like them very crisp. When browned to your liking, flip them over in sections.
- The second side will cook quicker then the first. Check often to get the browning you prefer. When they are almost as brown as you would like them on he second side, top with cheddar cheese. Use as much as you like.
At this point, I turn off the flame and cover the potatoes. The cheese will melt as it sits and you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Add any vegetables you would like to this by adding them when you add the potatoes. The possibilities are endless!