- 1/2 lb
- bacon, cooked
- head cabbage
- 2 - 3 large
- 1 lb
- kluski noodles
- 1/2 c
- 1 medium
- salt and pepper
How to Make Halushki
- 1Chop bacon into small pieces and fry unti crispy. Remove bacon from drippings and set aside.
- 2Put bacon drippings into a large pot, and heat up. Chop onions and add to bacon drippins and cook until soft. Cut cabbage into one inch to one and half inch pieces.
Add stick of butter and cut up cabbage to pot of onions. Put lid on and cook for about 20 minutes on low heat.
- 3Boil, peel, and cut potatoes into cubes. (I like mine a little on the firm side). Add to cabage, and onion mixture mix, continue cooking until noodles are ready to add.
- 4Boil noodles until al Dante, add to cabbage and Potatoes. Add bacon stir, salt and peper to taste.
- 5You can change the amounts of potatoes, cabbage, and noodes. I love the cabbage so I tend to add more, my friend loves the noodles so she will add more of them.
You can subsitute the kluski noodles for your favorite, but the kluski noodles make the dish.