Grilled Veggie Mix
- 4 large
- new red and/or yellow potatoes (washed & sliced)
- 1 ea. medium
- green, red, orange, yellow bell peppers (cleaned & sliced)
- 1 large
- vadalia or red onion (peeled & sliced)
- 4-5 Tbsp
- minced garlic (fresh or store bought)
- 3 Tbsp
- dried dill seasoning ( or you can use dill pickle juice)
- 2 large
- pickled banana peppers (optional)
- drizzle of olive oil (extra virgin)
- salt and pepper
- old bay seasoning (optional)
- 4 large
- ice cubes
- heavy duty aluminum foil
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
How to Make Grilled Veggie Mix
- 1Wash & slice all vegetables. Be sure to remove all of the white ribbing from your peppers, in order to remove the "tartness."
- 2In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for the ice cubes, and toss to coat veggies with oil. May need to add more EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). Cover and set aside.
- 3Now, using your eye, figure out how much aluminum foil you will need to make a "grilling bag." (If you can find aluminum foil grilling bags, that is great! I have not been able to find them lately!)
- 4You want to double-ply your "grilling bag." Fold over the foil, and fold the open sides over twice to make a good seal.
- 5Place veggies on one side of "bag."
- 6Add ice cubes on the top of veggies.
- 7Fold over foil, seal & crimp the foil. DO NOT leave any openings for venting!
- 8Place on the "cool" side/upper rack of the grill. Rotate/turn (left to right) bag after 20 minutes. Grill another 20-30 minutes. Remove from grill and allow veggies to rest for 15 minutes before opening bag.
- 9Serve hot & enjoy!!!!
- 10The next morning, take leftovers and fry them up and enjoy them with some eggs & bacon!!!