Grilled Veggie Mix
4 largenew red and/or yellow potatoes (washed & sliced)
1 ea. mediumgreen, red, orange, yellow bell peppers (cleaned & sliced)
1 largevadalia or red onion (peeled & sliced)
4-5 Tbspminced garlic (fresh or store bought)
3 Tbspdried dill seasoning ( or you can use dill pickle juice)
2 largepickled banana peppers (optional)
·drizzle of olive oil (extra virgin)
·salt and pepper
·old bay seasoning (optional)
4 largeice cubes
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
·heavy duty aluminum foil
How to Make Grilled Veggie Mix
- Wash & slice all vegetables. Be sure to remove all of the white ribbing from your peppers, in order to remove the "tartness."
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for the ice cubes, and toss to coat veggies with oil. May need to add more EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). Cover and set aside.
- Now, using your eye, figure out how much aluminum foil you will need to make a "grilling bag." (If you can find aluminum foil grilling bags, that is great! I have not been able to find them lately!)
- You want to double-ply your "grilling bag." Fold over the foil, and fold the open sides over twice to make a good seal.
- Place veggies on one side of "bag."
- Add ice cubes on the top of veggies.
- Fold over foil, seal & crimp the foil. DO NOT leave any openings for venting!
- Place on the "cool" side/upper rack of the grill. Rotate/turn (left to right) bag after 20 minutes. Grill another 20-30 minutes. Remove from grill and allow veggies to rest for 15 minutes before opening bag.
- Serve hot & enjoy!!!!
- The next morning, take leftovers and fry them up and enjoy them with some eggs & bacon!!!