Grandma Lee's Scalloped Potatoes
I used to watch her cook, and there is a few secrets to scalloped potatoes and it's slicing them and onions real thin, covering them tightly the first hour of cooking, and then giving them plenty of time, maybe 1 1/2 hours
6 largerussett potatoes, peeled and sliced very thinly
1 mediumonion, peeled and sliced very thinly
3/4 call purpose flour
1/2 tspeach salt and pepper or to taste
2 cmilk ( this depends on size of casserole dish)
3 Tbspbutter, no subsitutes
How to Make Grandma Lee's Scalloped Potatoes
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Spray a 3 qt casserole with non stick spray.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and onions very very thinly, that is the secret to having them cook properly for this dish.
- First layer is 1/3 potatoes, 1/3 onions, half the flour sprinkled over, 1/3 the butter, and half the paprika and salt and pepper.
- Repeat for second layer, the third layer is just potatoes, onions, and remainder of butter.
- This is the tricky part. pour milk in slowly just until you can see it come up the sides of the casserole, I used about 2 cups.