Garlic whipped potatoes with caramelized onions
- medium size russet or idaho potatoes peeled
- 5 Tbsp
- 2 clove
- garlic peeled
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1/2-1 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
- 4-5 Tbsp
- half and half
- vahdalia onion optional
- 1/2 tsp
- dry parsley for garnish
How to Make Garlic whipped potatoes with caramelized onions
- 1peel and cut potatoes,put in sauce pan and boil in water with the 2 cloves of garlic.Boil until the potatoes are soft enough for a fork to go through.
- 2While boiling get a fry pan and use 2 tablespoons of the butter to fry the onions. Chop and fry on medium until caramelized put aside.
- 3Drain potatoes and make sure not to lose the cooked garlic in there. add 3 Tablespoons of butter the the drained potatoes,the garlic salt pepper,and half and half
- 4Get your hand mixer and whip until peaks form. If you prefer mashed. Mash them well and mix in the half and half.
- 5Get your onions and put on top of the potatoes before serving,or omit onions and serve plain garlic potatoes garnished with dry Parsley on top