Garlic whipped potatoes with caramelized onions
4medium size russet or idaho potatoes peeled
2 clovegarlic peeled
1 tspgarlic salt
1/2-1 tspfresh ground pepper
4-5 Tbsphalf and half
1vahdalia onion optional
1/2 tspdry parsley for garnish
How to Make Garlic whipped potatoes with caramelized onions
- peel and cut potatoes,put in sauce pan and boil in water with the 2 cloves of garlic.Boil until the potatoes are soft enough for a fork to go through.
- While boiling get a fry pan and use 2 tablespoons of the butter to fry the onions. Chop and fry on medium until caramelized put aside.
- Drain potatoes and make sure not to lose the cooked garlic in there. add 3 Tablespoons of butter the the drained potatoes,the garlic salt pepper,and half and half
- Get your hand mixer and whip until peaks form. If you prefer mashed. Mash them well and mix in the half and half.
- Get your onions and put on top of the potatoes before serving,or omit onions and serve plain garlic potatoes garnished with dry Parsley on top