Fancy Mashed Potatoes
I've been known to make my mashed potatoes early in the day, to make things easier prior to baking.
This is a great dish to serve at the holidays. So easy.
- 3 to 4 c
- prepared, mashed potatoes
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- freshly grated swiss cheese (or parmesan cheese is wonderful too)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make Fancy Mashed Potatoes
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Butter a 1 1/2 quart size baking dish. Sometimes I like to use a deep pie plate, depending on the quantity of potatoes I have.
- 2Spread your prepared mashed potatoes, in buttered dish.
- 3In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff, and fold in the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Spread over the potatoes.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
- 5This is a treat! Enjoy!!!