Easy Potato Dumplings
Just thinking about it I'm getting hungry. I hope you will enjoy this lovely dish.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·4 potatoes, (medium to large)
·2 1/4 cups flour, all purpose
·2 large eggs, lightly beaten
·2 tbsp butter
·1/8 cup finely diced onion, sweet or yellow
·1/2 tbsp sea salt
·melted butter, garnish
·2 tbsp, fresh parsley, chopped, garnish
·salt and pepper to taste (optional)
How to Make Easy Potato Dumplings
- Boil potatoes in a pot of salted water until tender.
Drain and set aside to cool so you can work with them.
Put a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Peel the potatoes, using a potato ricer, press then through.
While the potatoes are still warm, shape them into a mound with a well in the center.
- Into the well of the potatoes add the following: 2 cups flour, eggs, butter, onion and 1/2 tbsp. salt.
Now gently knead the dough until it is smooth, adding more flour (up to 4 tbsp as needed) if dough is tacky.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece of dough into a ball.
Add 6 dough balls to pot of water, (20 min.) reduce heat and gently simmer, stir frequently, the dumplings will float to the top when they are cooked.
- Do the same thing to the remaining 6 dough balls.
When ready to serve toss in melted butter and season with salt, pepper and parsley, or top with a sauce or gravy of your choosing.