Delightful Dairy-Free Mashed Potatoes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbpotatoes-cleaned, scrubbed & cut in large chunks (note: gold or red potatoes work great.) once the 'bad spots are removed, the remaining skin can be left on..or peeled away, depending on your preferance.
1-1 1/2 cvegetable broth
1-2 tsp.onion powder
·salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cupalmond milk (i use unsweetened)
Optional-butter/canola oil blend spread
How to Make Delightful Dairy-Free Mashed Potatoes
- The potatoes can be cooked in a slow cooker..on busy days or a large pot on stove top.
- Add vegetable broth and dry seasonings to pot. Next, add the chunked potatoes. (Note: the veggie broth gives these mashed potatoes a good rich flavor).
- For slow cooker, cook on Low, for 5 hours or High for 3-4 hrs. For stove top, cook on med-high heat for about 20-25 minutes, covered..occasionally stirring and adding small amounts of broth, if needed. Potatoes are done when soft and easily pierced.
- Mash potoes with a potato-masher and add in almond milk, a little at a time, until potatoes are smooth, without lumps.
- Optional: A little (1-2 Tbs.) Olive oil or canola/butter blend spread can be stirred in, at this point, if desired.