- 1/4 c
- peanut oil or other oil with a high smoke point.
- 3 or 4 medium
- red-skinned potatoes or other thin-skinned potatoes
- 1/4 c
- potato flour
- seasoning to taste. suggestions include salt, pepper, paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and similar dry spices.
How to Make Crunchy oven french fries
- 1Put the oil in a roasting pan large enough to the potatoes to fit in a single layer. Put the pan in the oven and preheat the oven and pan with oil to 450F.
- 2Cut the potatoes into french fry shapes and wipe the pieces with paper towels to remove any surface wetness.
- 3Mix together the potato flour and the spices and coat the potatoes. This is most easily done by shaking in a gallon zippered plastic bag. Put the coated potatoes in a colander and toss to remove excess seasoned flour.
- 4Place the coated potatoes in a single layer in the hot oil. Roast for a total of 30 minutes, flipping the potatoes at 10 minute intervals.
- 5Remove the potatoes on a double layer of paper towels and blot with a third layer to remove any excess oil while the potatoes are still hot.
- 6Serve hot.