Easy, Crispy New Potatoes
I have not given amounts in the "recipe" because this is an easy method for cooking the lovely little potatoes. Just use a pan that is of a suitable size for the amount you are cooking. It is all done in one pan.
If you want to "smash" them, and brown them for a few minutes, they will get even more crispy.
How to Make Easy, Crispy New Potatoes
- Put the potatoes In a pan large enough to hold the little potatoes (not too big) add water to about 1/2 inch (1 cm) up the potato. Bring to a boil quickly. Add salt as desired.
- Add 1 - 2 tablespoon of butter.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover pan and boil potatoes for 5 minutes. Remove cover and allow water to evaporate as it continues to boil.
- When water has evaporated the butter will start to sizzle and crisp the potatoes. Watch carefully and turn potatoes as they brown. Add more butter if needed.
- Test for doneness with a skewer. Serve as is or "squash" them and allow them to crisp a bit more. May add chopped dill, if desired.