COLLARD GREENS SOUTHERN STYLE
How to Make COLLARD GREENS SOUTHERN STYLE
- 1Wash the greens in a sink full of cold water. To wash them push up and down in the water several times to rinse any grit that may be on them. Drain the sink and repeat.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large pot. It should be enough to coat pot.
- 3Add the onions and enjoy the sizzle. Spread a little more olive oil over the onions after the onions cook a little add the jalapeno pepper and the broth into the pot and turn heat to high
- 4Bring the broth to a boil and as you d-stem the greens add them to the pot
- 5Occasionally toss the greens to get the greens on top of the broth.
- 6Once all the greens are in the pot add the red pepper, vinegar, and the sugar. Reduce heat to low for 35 minutes or until tender.
- 7NOTE: Adding salt to greens will toughen the greens. add the salt and pepper at the end of cooking.