Ciao Bella Potato "Pizza"
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
It obviously is not a pizza, except for the fact it is flat and is baked in the oven. This is great as an appetizer,side dish or even a main dish with a salad.
- 4-5 medium
- russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 large
- 1/2 bunch
- italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- (sprinkle of garlic powder, optional)
- 1/4 c
- plain bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
How to Make Ciao Bella Potato "Pizza"
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" X 13" baking pan.
- 2In a large pot cover potatoes in cold water (can add an additional teaspoon of salt if desired) and allow to come to a boil. Cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 3Mash potatoes with a fork. Do not use an electric mixer. Mixture should have some texture to it.
- 4Add eggs, parsley, 1/2 cup of milk, cheese salt and pepper; mix well. Mixture should be creamy. If it seems dry add additional 1/4 cup milk.
- 5Press into pan with fork leaving marks on top for texture. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and drizzle with melted butter.
- 6Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm (or cold).