Ciao Bella Potato "Pizza"
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
It obviously is not a pizza, except for the fact it is flat and is baked in the oven. This is great as an appetizer,side dish or even a main dish with a salad.
4-5 mediumrusset potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 bunchitalian parsley, chopped
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
·(sprinkle of garlic powder, optional)
1/4 cplain bread crumbs
2 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Ciao Bella Potato "Pizza"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" X 13" baking pan.
- In a large pot cover potatoes in cold water (can add an additional teaspoon of salt if desired) and allow to come to a boil. Cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a fork. Do not use an electric mixer. Mixture should have some texture to it.
- Add eggs, parsley, 1/2 cup of milk, cheese salt and pepper; mix well. Mixture should be creamy. If it seems dry add additional 1/4 cup milk.
- Press into pan with fork leaving marks on top for texture. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm (or cold).