Cheesy Sour Cream and Chives Mashed Potatoes
This is a borrowed picture but thats what they look like.
3 lbpotatoes ; peeled and quartered
1 pkgcream cheese ( 8 oz.)
1/2 cbutter ; cubed
16 ozsour cream
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
3bacon strips , cooked & crumbled
1 Tbspminced chives
How to Make Cheesy Sour Cream and Chives Mashed Potatoes
- Place potatoes in large pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil ; reduce heat ; cover and simmer about 15-20 minutes until tender ; drain.
- In a large bowl , mash potatoes . Beat in the cream cheese , butter , milk , salt and pepper until fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 3 quart baking dish.
- Spread the sour cream over top.
- Bake @ 350° for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese , bacon and chives.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.