- set oven temp to 400 degrees
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil,2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp each: onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt and ground pepper, pinch of cayenne pepper, smoked paprika if you like...
How to Make Cheesy Oven Baked Potatoes
- 1Wash the fingerling potatoes. Leave the skins on. I took my spuds and cut them lengthwise in 1/2 and then in 1/2 again. Quartering them.
Take olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and cayenne mix in a good size bowl. Add sliced fingerlings and toss and coat them well with this mixture. Use slotted spoon to drain and put them on cookie sheet. Roast in oven 45-45 minutes at 400 degrees, turn them once after 20 minutes.
- 2While the potatoes are roasting dice up 6 slices of bacon & cook until rendered and drain on paper towel. Chop up 3-4 green onions (scallions) use all of the onion green and white..cut on the bias for a nice look. Chop about 2 tablespoons of cilantro if you like. I put the onion and cilantro in water for about 10 minutes and then drain to mellow the onion out and infuse the cilantro with it.
- 3After potatoes are done, about 45 minutes, drain excess olive oil off cookie sheet. Spinkle potatoes with a small amount of salt then.. Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese and bacon on top of potatoes, place back in oven for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
I took a spatula and placed them on a platter. I used Uncle Dans Buttermilk dressing and drizzled it on the potatoes and then sprinkled onion/cilantro mixture over all of it. You can also used canned jalapenos, chipotle,tomatoes, olives, sour cream etc. to top this off.
Fantastic appetizer that ends up being a meal. No waste of potatoes (like potatoe skins) and they cook beautifully tender on the inside and crunchy thin skins on the out...Enjoy...Feast...Mack!
I get the fingerling potatoes..(3 pounds) at the local 99 cent store. It's a great way to do something different and it looks as pretty as any appetizer I have paid $8 for.