Cheese and Potato Bread
How to Make Cheese and Potato Bread
- 1Light grease and flour a baking sheet. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes, or umtil soft. Drain and mash.
- 2Transfer the mashed potatloes to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast, flour, and bouillon, and mix to forn a smooth dough. Add garlic, rosemary, and 3/4 of the cheese and knead the dough for 5 minutes. Make a hollow in the dough, then pour in the oil, add the salt, and knead the dough again.
- 3Cover the dough and leave it to rise in a warm place for 1 1/12 hours, or until doubled in size.
- 4Knead the dough again, and divide it into 3 equal portions. Roll each portion into a sausage about 14 inches/35 cm long.
- 5Press one end of the braids together, then carefully braid the dough, without breaking it, and fold the remaining ends, under, sealing them firmly.
- 6Pllace the braid on the baking sheet, cover and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the loaf. Cook in a preheated oven for 40 minutes of until the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow at 375F/190C.