- 1 stick
- real butter.
- 1/4 c
- half and half
- 4 clove
- roasted garlic
- bunch green onions,chopped(including tops.
- 4 c
- cooked cabbage
- 1 lb
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- thyme, dried
How to Make Black Saddle Colcannon By Bob W.
- 1Peel and 1/4 potatoes. boil till fork tender..
Drain potatoes. Mash potatoes with some butter,thyme,half-half,and roasted garlic...
Fry bacon till chrisp. crumble and set aside..
- 2Steam or boil cabbage for 5 minutes.. Chop into 1/2 inch pieces then mix with potatoes.. Add onions to mix.
Pre-heat oven to 375... Add bacon to mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Put mixture in a buttered backing dish and back for 30=40 minutes. Or until lightly browned. Remove from oven dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.