Bills' Famous Potato Salad
"My husband of 40+ years makes probably the world's best potato salad. He has been asked to bring it to every family function.
When I asked Bill if I could post his recipe online, he initially hesitated. But, after 40+ years of marriage, I have learned a few tricks - flattery is just one! Now Bill is pleased that his recipe will be seen world-wide!"
This is much better if made at least 8 hours prior to eating. Recipe is for one serving; multiply as needed.
- 1 large
- potato, boiled then peeled, per serving
- of a chopped green onion
- 1/4 small
- sweet green pickle, chopped
- hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 c
- miracle whip
- 1/4 tsp
- sweet pickle juice
- 1/8 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp
- yellow mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Bills' Famous Potato Salad
- 1The dressing should be the consistency of thin sour cream, or heavy cream, with a soft yellow color.
- 2Chop potatoes into bite size pieces. Gently stir dressing into potatoes, onions, eggs and pickles. Refrigerate.
- 3If possible, let sit for 8 hours before serving. Garnish with Paprika, chives, and/or hard cooked sliced eggs.