Best Baked Potato
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- baking potatoes
- olive oil, extra virgin
- coarse sea salt
How to Make Best Baked Potato
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Clean potatoes with a stiff-bristled brush or the scouring side of a sponge, and cold water. Be careful not to skin your potatoes!
- 3Next, poke your potatoes all over with a fork. I like using a big meat fork, so that the holes go all the way through. Please don't stab yourself!! Dry off potatoes with a paper towel.
- 4Lightly coat each potato with a little olive oil. I do this by pouring a little in the palm of my hand, then rubbing the potato all over. Lightly salt each one with the sea salt, and place on the cookie sheet.
- 5Now, I like to put the potatoes directly on the oven rack, with the cookie sheet under them. But what ever you are comfortable with will work.
- 6Cooking time varies, depending on how many and what size. I usually set timer for and hour, check them, then set for 15 minute increments, until done. Potatoes will be done when the skins are puffed up, and they are soft when you squeeze them.
- 7Open up potatoes and top with whatever your heart desires. My kids like chili and cheese, my husband likes broccoli and cheese, and I like lots of butter, salt and pepper! Enjoy!!