Beef Roast with Roasted Vegetables
4 1/2 lbbeef rump roast
5-6 mediumbaking potatoes, cut up into bite-sized chunks
3carrots, cut into coins
3 stickcelery, chopped
to taste:garlic, chives, dried minced onion, salt & pepper
1/4 cred wine (for gravy)
1/2 cwarm water
1-2 Tbspcorn starch
How to Make Beef Roast with Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a roasting pan lightly with non-stick spray.
- In the roasting pan, place the roast in the center. Surround it with all the veggies.
- Sprinkle on the veggies: parsley, minced onion, garlic, then drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Season the roast generously with garlic, chives, minced onion (I used Tastefully Simple's "Garlic Garlic" seasoning which has these in it), salt & pepper.
- Add about 1/2 cup water in the pan. Roast in oven for 2 hours, uncovered.
- Test veggies and the roast at this point. When done, veggies should be fork tender & roast should have internal temp of at least 145 degrees, if not continue baking for 1/2 more. If the roast is getting too dark on top, cover with lid to roasting pan (or foil).
- When done, remove roast to platter, let sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing. (We used about 1/4 of the roast for a meal). Place roasted veggies in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup red wine to deglaze roasting pan. Add all drippings to small saucepan. In 1/2 cup warm water, dissolve 1-2 tablespoons corn starch for thickening & add to drippings. Heat till thickened.
- ** The remaining roast can be divided up for 2 or 3 more meals later & put in the freezer. I sliced some up for steak sandwiches, used some for beef stew, etc.