BAKED SWEET POTATOES
Coating the sweet potatoes with bacon grease before baking gives them a wonderful taste. ENJOY !!
- 6 medium
- and firm, sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon drippings
- butter @ room temperature
- brown sugar and cinnamon are optional
How to Make BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- 1Wash Medium Sweet Potato well and dry with paper towel. DO NOT PEEL, may cut tips off ends) Use another paper towel and wet it well with Bacon Drippings. Rub all over entire peeling with bacon drippings and place on aluminum foil in a cookie sheet type pan.
- 2Place in a pre heated oven on 425 degrees for one hour, do not cover the potatoes with foil or anything. Don't stack them.
- 3Set timer for one hour. When the hour of cooking has passed, cut off oven but leave potatoes in oven until it cools off. This makes a much sweeter potato.
- 4Peel and place a couple of pats of butter on top, mash with a fork and enjoy.
- 5Add cinnamon and sugar to taste. (option) (I find it works better to mix sugar and cinnamon in a shaker then add slowly to fit taste. About 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon to 1 tsp brown sugar) I just like the butter and I eat thr potato with nothing else.