Asiago & Gruyere Potato Gratin
1 1/2 ccottage cheese (I used 2%)
2 Tbspfresh thyme leaves, chopped
1 tspgarlic, chopped
1 dash(es)cayenne pepper or to taste
1 chalf and half
1 1/2 cGruyere cheese, grated
1 cAsiago cheese, grated
3 lbrusset potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (approx. 4 potatoes per pound)
·salt, to taste
How to Make Asiago & Gruyere Potato Gratin
- In a food processor or blender, combine cottage cheese, thyme, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth.
- Slowly add half and half while the processor is running. Set aside.
- Combine Gruyere and Asiago cheese; set aside.
- Layer one-third of potato slices in the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle potatoes with salt to taste.
- Pour one-third of cottage cheese mixture over potatoes.
- Top with one-third of shredded cheese mixture.
- Repeat two more times with remaining ingredients.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue baking 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 15 minutes before serving.