Anna’s famous squash potatoes
Irisa Raina 9
This was how my mother in law would make her famous potatoes, yes they were famous because our son would devour these while claiming he thought yellow squash tasted yucky.Anna you are so missed!!!!!
THIS IS FOR YOU MOM
I have made these with Yukon gold potatoes and that just adds another level of flavor.
And when you add the squash you’ll notice the kitchen smells like you’re cooking C.O.T.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 medium yellow neck squash
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg “optional”
- ½ teaspoon milk
- wash, peel and cut up the potatoes trying to make them all the same size.
- 2 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Anna’s famous squash potatoes
- 1Soak the potatoes in water till you are ready to boil them, this will pull out some of the starch.
- 2Wash the squash and take a potato peeler and just go over the squash lightly “kinda like roughing the skin”
- 3Cut it into the same size pieces as the potatoes.