Upside Down Mac & Cheese w/Smoked Kielbasa
A crunchy green salad w/Italian dressing would pair well.
Recipe from Ninja Cooking System Cookbook.
- 4 c
- 1 lb
- uncooked macaroni
- 3/4 c
- 6 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 5 c
- whole milk (i used 2 percent)
- 6 3/4 c
- shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (i used a mixture & only 5 cups)
- 1/2 c
- grated romano & parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- bread crumbs, dry
- cooking spray
- frank's hot sauce
- smoked kielbasa and bacon bits (on top)
How to Make Upside Down Mac & Cheese w/Smoked Kielbasa
- 2Pour water into Ninja pot. Set to STOVETOP HIGH. Cover and let water quickly come to a boil. Add your macaroni and cook for 7 - 9 minutes, stirring occasionaly and just till tender. Drain macaroni and reserve one cup of cooking water.
- 3Add 1/2 cup butter into the Ninja pot. Set to STOVETOP MED and heat till butter is melted. Stir in flour and stir continually for 3 minutes. Add your milk and whisk together. Heat till it comes to a boil and cook uncovered for 3 minutes or until the mixture is thickened. If necessary, add more flour to thicken to desired consistency. Next stir in the 6 cups of cheese, salt and pepper until cheeses are melted. Turn off Ninja.
- 4In a large bowl add the macaroni's, cooking water and cheese mixture till well combined. Wipe clean the Ninja with a paper towel. In a small cooking pan melt 1/4 cup butter. In a small bowl add bread crumbs, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 romano & parmesan with the butter.