Tomato Mac & Cheese
2 cuncooked elbow macaroni
1/4 cbutter, unsalted
3 Tbspall purpose flour
1 tspitalian seasoning
1/2 tspground black pepper
1 3/4 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cshredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cshredded monterey jack cheese
1 can(s)(14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cplain dry breadcrumbs
How to Make Tomato Mac & Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook macaroni according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, seasoning, pepper and salt, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until slightly thickened.
- Add 3/4 cups of the cheddar, all of the parmesan and jack cheeses; stir until melted and smooth.
- Combine macaroni, sauce and tomatoes in pan and pour into baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheddar evenly over casserole. Place breadcrumbs in a small bowl and spray several times with cooking spray; sprinkle crumbs evenly over cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover and bake another 5 minutes, or until top is golden brown.