You can serve the bowtie pasta warm or at room temperature.
1 smallsweet onion, sliced
1 - 2 tspgarlic, fresh, finely minced
1 ccremini mushrooms, sliced 1/2 " thick
1/2 largeorange pepper, sliced 1/2" lengthwise,
2 ccooked bowties pasta
3 Tbspolive oil
1/2 tspsea salt
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1/4 cparmesan cheese, shredded, garnish
1/2 tsplemon zest
2 Tbspfresh parsley, finely chopped
How to Make Tasty Bowties
- Prepare the vegetables and garlic and set aside until required: Onions: Peel and slice thinly. Garlic: Peel and finely chop. Mushrooms: Clean and slice thick. Sweet Orange Pepper: Cut off the stem, core and seed. Then slice them into thin lengthwise strips.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, until they are soft and golden (8 minutes) stir frequently. Next you are going to add the garlic and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, continue cooking, stir occasionally, until all moisture is gone and they are a beautiful golden brown color. (8 minutes).
- Add the orange peppers and re-season with salt and pepper, if necessary, then continue cooking, (8 minutes) stirring often, until the peppers have softened.
- Cover the pan and cook (5 minutes) stirring frequently. Remove the cover and cook 3 minutes longer, stirring often.
- Add the cooked vegetables and the Parmesan cheese to your cooked pasta and stir.
Serve and garnish with the lemon zest and parsley enjoy!