Mushroom-Brocolli Mac and Cheese
1 Tbspolive oil
8 ozsliced mushrooms
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbspfresh minced chives
2 cbroccoli florets
2 cdry elbow macaroni
4 ozcream cheese, room temperature
2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 chalf and half
1 ccrushed croutons, garlic
How to Make Mushroom-Brocolli Mac and Cheese
- Heat oil in skillet and saute mushroom slices until soft and liquid starts to evaporate. Season with salt and pepper; stir in chives and set aside.
- Steam brocolli until just tender, and rinse in cold water to stop cooking; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package instructions; drain (do not rinse)
- Return macaroni to pot and stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in cheddar, mushrooms and brocolli.
- Stir in half and half and pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle crushed croutons evenly over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and topping is turning brown.