Macaroni Pie - The Island's Macaroni & Cheese
·1 lb elbow macaroni
·2 tbsp. butter
·1 cup onion, minced
·1/2 cup green pepper, minced
·1 – 1 1/2 tsp cayenne (mild-hot)
·1 lb grated cheddar cheese
·1 12 oz can evaporated milk
·1/2 tsp salt
How to Make Macaroni Pie - The Island's Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 Boil elbow macaroni for about 5 minutes, or until al-dente.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in cheddar, pepper, and onion.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup stir together eggs, cayenne, evaporated milk, and salt.
- Pour over macaroni and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased lasagna pan, spreading evenly with spatula.
- Dot with butter.
- Refrigerate the macaroni until needed.
- Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes.
- Let cool about 10 minutes and slice into squares.
- Serve hot.