- 1 box
- 8 oz. elbo macaroni
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 can(s)
- 1 medium
- chopped onion
- 1/2 c
- chopped green bell pepper (more if you want)
- 4 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c
- chopped red bell pepper (you can use 20 oz. jar of pimentos)
- 1 c
- 1 tube(s)
- sleeve of ritz crackers
- 1/2 stick
- melted butter
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese with a Twist
- 1Drain cooked macaroni noodles. Add all other ingredients. Mix well.
- 2Put macaroni mixture in a buttered 13x9 inch pan.
Put one sleeve of Ritz crackers in a zip loc bag and crush.Spread the crushed crackers over the top of the macaroni mixture. Drizzle 1/2 stick of melted butter all over the top.
- 4Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
Good with ham, turkey, chicken, pork or alone!
Note: you can use more or less bell pepper to suite your taste. I always use the red bell peppers in this recipe not pimentos. I also love onions so if you want to use a small onion, that would work.