2 cham chunks
1/2 cchopped green onion
1bag large elbo macaroni
1/2 csour cream
1 can(s)evaporated milk
2 Tbspmargarine or butter
1/2 boxvelveeta (lg.) or whole med. box
How to Make Kay's Hamy Cheesy Macaroni
- I like to use left over baked ham. I cut in chunks or bite size pieces, but not diced or chopped. I sat it aside.
- In sauce pan, bring salted water with a little cooking oil to a rolling boil.
Next pour in 1 bag Elbo Macaroni and bring to another boil.
- When macaroni is tender, drain, then return to sauce pan and add margarine, sour cream, chopped greens of onions. Let cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- In either microwave or another sauce pan, melt Velveeta with can milk.Careful to not let it scarch.
- When cheese has all melted, turn off heat. I find it best to do over heat, so I can keep stirring until I get it to the consistancy I want.
- In the macaroni pot, add the ham chunks and stir through mixture.
- Last pour the cheesy milk over all of the mixture. Fold over with a wooden spoon to allow the sauce to flow through the mixture. A wooden spoon keeps the mixture from brusing or spliting the pasta.
- Now it is ready to serve. Sometimes I grate garlic toat or Italian Bread Crumbs to the top. Though that is optional.
Eat and Enjoy~