Fettuccine With Pumpkin Sauce
- 8 oz
- dry fettuccine
- 2 slice
- bacon, diced (applewood smoked)
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped fresh sage, divided
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- 3/4 c
- canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to Make Fettuccine With Pumpkin Sauce
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 2Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; cook 4 minutes or until almost crisp, stirring occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon sage and garlic, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3Stir in pumpkin puree, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- 4Add pasta, reserved 3/4 cup cooking liquid, and heavy cream; toss to coat. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 5Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sage and parsley.