Fettuccine With Pumpkin Sauce
8 ozdry fettuccine
2 slicebacon, diced (applewood smoked)
2 Tbspfinely chopped fresh sage, divided
2 cloveminced garlic
3/4 ccanned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cheavy cream
2 Tbspchopped flat-leaf parsley
How to Make Fettuccine With Pumpkin Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; cook 4 minutes or until almost crisp, stirring occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon sage and garlic, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add pasta, reserved 3/4 cup cooking liquid, and heavy cream; toss to coat. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sage and parsley.