Fettuccine Afredo - Healthy Style
- 3/4 c
- low sodium chicken broth
- 4 large
- cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz
- whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 small
- zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tsp
- corn starch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 Tbsp
- low fat sour cream
- 1 pinch
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Fettuccine Afredo - Healthy Style
- 1Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Combine broth and garlic in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the garlic cloves are soft, about 10 minutes.
- 2After the garlic has simmered about 5 minutes, cook fettuccine in the boiling water, stirring often, for 8 minutes. Drop in zucchini and cook until fettuccine is just tender, about 1 minute more.
- 3Meanwhile, transfer the garlic and broth to a blender. Process until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. Return the mixture to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add cornstarch mixture; whisk it until slightly thickened, about 15 seconds. Remove from the heat and whisk in sour cream, nutmeg and pepper. Return the pot to a very low heat to keep the sauce warm (Do not boil).
- 4Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl. Add the sauce and 1/2 cup Parmesan; toss to coat well. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, passing the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan separately.