Family Recipe Macaroni Salad
- 5 c
- cooked ditalini pasta (salad macaroni)
- 1/2 c
- celery, diced
- 1/4 c
- onion, finely diced
- egg, hard boiled, diced
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- sour cream
- 3-4 Tbsp
- milk, any type
- salt and pepper to taste
- celery salt, to taste
How to Make Family Recipe Macaroni Salad
- 2While pasta is cooking dice the celery, onion and boiled eggs. (You all know how to boil eggs).
- 3Boil pasta until not QUITE done. It soaks up the mayo and sour cream so we don't want it to get mushy. When pasta is done drain and rinse with cool water. Drain and put in large bowl.
- 4Add in the rest of the ingredients you already prepped and mix. Adding the salt and pepper to your liking. Let sit in the fridge to chill and for the flavors to meld.
- 5After the salad sits it will need to have more mayo and/or sour cream added because it soaks these up. At this time I add a little milk for creaminess. I usually use evaporated milk. That's it. Super simple.
- 6This is very versatile. You can add more celery (I like to but since my daughter doesn't like celery I made it this way today). Diced ham is really the only other thing I add to this. But add whatever you like.